Friday, March 27, 2009

Ada Lovelace Day Part II: Someone is Leaving Out Information on the Internet

The Wicked Teacher of the West may do me a great honor, but leaves out some important details of her story. Naturally, I am righteously outraged: someone is wrong on the internet! Well, leaving out important details on the internet, at least. So, in the traditional and time honored way, I am writing a pithy but searing rebuttal!

What her post leaves out is that she, as my middle school computer science teacher, was the one who piqued my interest in computer science. I am immensely indebted to her for not only providing the opportunity of making Lord of The Rings digital madlibs in perl (ah, the obsessions of my youth), but for encouraging and providing countless opportunities for me to do more than just my classwork. A large percent of the Things I've Done she mentions were made possible by her.

So how's that for a smackdown, huh? I think I have a beautiful future ahead of me in blog flame wars.

And by the way, thanks for being my tech heroine.

No comments:

Post a Comment