Monday, January 25, 2010

On The Merits of Stale Bread

I found a few loaves of bread (a baguette and a couple La Brea seeded demis) at QFC for $0.25 each on account of them being stale.

A large portion went to making thoroughly delicious cheddar puffs. I recommend this. I also beat the egg whites by hand which means I earned those puffs.

The rest went to french toast. Delicious french toast. Deliciousness was a theme here.

I made the egg part from an egg, a bit of milk, and rosemary, then, in the way of french toast, soaked slices of seeded baguette in the result.

Traditionally this sort of thing is done in a pan, but, being a rebel, I grilled everything on a George Forman.

Then I put them on a plate, lightly buttered it all grated Dubliner over the whole thing, and topped each slice with a bit of roasted garlic. Success.

3 comments:

  1. Yum - come home and make this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete