Thursday, May 20, 2010

Metrix Create: Space, Maker Faire, And Other Places with People

I made chalk! Specifically, yellow chalk swirled with red at Metrix Create: Space in Capitol Hill. I don't have a photo of said chalk, which is probably for the best, because the yellow came out a bit.. vomit-y. Metrix, on the other hand, does not remind me of bloody vomit at all. If you are in Seattle, you should check it out; I am pretty enamored of it. They even sold me conductive thread!

Here is a picture of someone else's chalk looking really awesome as someone adds another drop of food coloring. I have no idea why the dye spreads out like this, but it looks beautiful and fractal-y.


Next up in my list of gathering places for interesting people making interesting things is the Bay Area Maker Faire, which is happening this weekend.

I am excited.

And I lied, there are no other places with people in this post. Just Metrix and Maker Faire. But they are wonderful enough to make up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment